skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ah Paris, City of Lights, City of Love, City of Culture and Art, City of Fashion, City of Food and Wine. I'm amazed at what an amazing city Paris is. I had no idea it had so much to offer. As much as I love New York, the Big Apple has been losing its soul, selling out to the gods of development. If you get the chance to visit Paris one day, you'll know what I mean. With all it's goods, the city has definitely lost a part of itself. The 18th century Haussmanien buildings lined the majestic avenues, even with the Gaps and Charbux on the ground floor. Despite all the advancements, something outlawed, and that is the comfort. There's the warmth and politeness of the shopkeepers, the dedication to the arts, culture and a general appreciation of life above the commercial which is enticing.



Strolling through the sunlit streets on a surprisingly warm Summer day, the city is abuzz with life and love, the buildings look scrubbed clean for my visit. The sky filled with brilliant colors before fading to black, Notre Dame lighting up in the distance, and the dome of the Sorbonne a greenish-white against the dark sky.



No comments:
Post a Comment